Tour to the Uyuni Salt Flat, starting and ending in Uyuni. It includes transportation, hostels accommodation and meals.
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on “Add to cart”.
- Pay online an advance deposit of the total price of the program.
- Once paid, the booking is subject to confirmation according to the availability. If you want to check the availability before paying, write us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can reschedule or cancel the tour (with full refund) until 31 days before it starts.
- English speaking driver/guide: US$ 162 per group.
*Subject to availability when booking.
We will pick you up at your hotel to leave Uyuni taking the direction to the salt flat, even though, first we will visit the train cemetery outside the city.
Just before entering the Uyuni Salt Flat, we will pass by the town of Colchani, where we will have access to different craftwork, mainly made with salt. After that, we will travel through the salt flat in our vehicle, passing by the Dakar Monument and the Salt Museum, until getting to the Incahuasi Island.
This rock formation has a lot of giant cactus and we can get to the top of it going over the marked track. From the highest part of the island, we will have a very good perspective of the greatness of the salt flat.
After that, we will wait the sunset to see this phenomenon in a privileged place, before leaving the salt flat to San Juan del Rosario, where we will have dinner and rest our first night.
We will leave early from San Juan del Rosario to continue the route through San Agustín and Villa Alota. This is because we will visit the tourist attractions of this part of the mountain range, beginning by the Anaconda Canyon.
Here, we will stop in the viewpoint and we will take some pictures of the particular shape that has the river in the bottom of the canyon.
Then, we will visit the Vinto Lagoon and Italia Perdida, a place full of rocks with different shapes and sizes in which we will be able to take varied pictures.
After that, we will go to Huayllajara, where we will have our dinner and then we can get some rest of the itinerary of the day.
We will leave early in the morning to visit the Colorada Lagoon. Here we will stop a moment to enjoy how quite this landscape is and be able to take some pictures to have a good memory of this moment.
We will also pass by the Sol de Mañana Geysers and the Polques Hot Springs.
The route includes the visit to the Blanca and Verde lagoons. Then, we will take the road to go back directly to Uyuni.
The Trip Cost Includes
- Pickup at your hotel in Uyuni.
- Drop off at downtown Uyuni
- Private transportation.
- Spanish speaking driver/guide.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- - Two nights of accommodation in hostel, in double private room, with private bathroom, hot shower and heating in common areas:
- - 1st night in a salt hostel in San Juan del Rosario.
- - 2nd night in a hostel in Huayllajara.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Drop off at the hotel.
- Toalhas, calefação nos quartos e acesso a internet.
- Towels, heating in the rooms and internet access.
- Access to toilets on the way (approximately Bs. 6 every access).
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- Entrance fees to parks (Bs. 186 per person):
- o Entrance ticket to Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (Bs. 150 per person).
- o Entrance ticket to Polques Hot Springs (Bs. 6 per person).
- o Entrance ticket to Incahuasi Island (Bs. 30 per person).
During the months from January to April, it takes place the weather phenomenon known as Altiplano winter, rain season in the central Andes. Due to this, is is possible that the described itinerary is modified as follows:
- The first night is not in a hostel in San Juan del Rosario, but in a hostel in Uyuni.
- The Incahuasi Island is not visited because this is in the center of the salt flat, place where there is the largest amount of water during the rainy season.
Force majeure changes
These are reference itineraries. The route to get to the salt flat, the places visited, the indicated order and the end time will always be subject to changes according to weather conditions, road conditions, demonstrations and accommodations availability. The confirmation of the itinerary is obtained in the briefing that the local supplier gives a day before the beginning of the activity, which does not mean that it will not be modified due to the happening of some of the situations already mentioned once the tour has already begun.
- 1 person: US$ 1.190 per person.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 660 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 560 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 390 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 360 per person.
- Group of 6 people: US$ 290 per person.*
*Despite the 4×4 vehicle has space for 6 passengers plus the driver/guide, the last seat of the vehicle is narrow, so, in case you want comfort for all the travelers, our suggestion is to make the tour in two groups of 3 people each (two separated bookings).
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Comfortable shoes (ideally trekking shoes).
- Swimsuit and towel (for Polques Hot Springs).
- Toilet paper.
- Water (1 liter per person for the first day. The rest of the days you can buy it on the road).
- Passport or ID card.
- Bs. 350 for expenses not included on the tour (entrance fees, taxes, bathroom, water and souvenirs, among others).
- Minimum age required of 7 years old.
- Not recommended for people suffering hypertension, heart failure, asthma or similar, for whom visiting places above 4000 meters of altitude may present a risk for their health (the tour is made mostly above 4000 meters of altitude, even reaching 4850 meters of altitude one of the days of the tour).
- Not allowed for pregnant women.