1. A pair of crocs2. Four pair of liner socks
3. Few pairs of underwear.
4. A high-quality best down jackets and a down pant.
5. T-shirts and trousers
6. A set of thermals.
7. A light sleeping bag.
8. A trekking pole.
9. Two pairs of Gloves.
10. A woolen hat
12. A torchlight or a head torchlight
13. A First aid kit including Diamox and Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS)
14. Toiletries –
15. A waterproof map of Annapurna Base Camp
16. Snacks you like and entertainment such as books, cards, an iPad etc.
1) How fit do I need to be to do this trek?
Annapurna Base Camp is a Grade B or a moderately difficult trekking route. So any fit person can do this trek, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
2) How long do we walk every day when doing Annapurna Base Camp trekking?
On average, you walk about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
3) What is the highest altitude reached in this trek?
The highest altitude reached is 4190m. This is the elevation of Annapurna Base Camp. ABC is the highest we will climb in this trek.
4) What about battery charging and hot shower facilities?
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities as well. You may have to pay certain amount for both ($1-$2). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.